Monday, August 30, 2010

Ramp up your fiber and protein at breakfast.

One thing my husband and I eat almost every morning is an omelet wrap, it is really high in fiber and protein and lasts us for hours. They are very easy to make, especially with the cool new small kitchen appliance my husband and his hunter friends turned me on to.

Drumroll please......
Not just for hunters any more.

This little red grill is the BOMB! 
A buddy of my husbands brought this grill to the farm last year so they could cook eggs in the morning after they were busy hunting all morning (read: snoozing in their tree stands, not really hunting). They would toss a few eggs in the grill, shut the lid, and in just a few minutes viola! cooked eggs! He brought it home after hunting season, so I thought I'd try it. I love it! Look out George Forman, there is a new grill in town.

Here's what we do each morning.
1. Beat two eggs in a bowl gently with a fork. 
2. Plug in grill, spray with cooking spray.
3. Pour in eggs, add thinly sliced ham, or turkey or diced turkey ham. 
4. Add spinach, onions, tomatoes, whatever you like in your eggs. 
5. Lastly add some cheese. I use light feta because it has a strong flavor with lower calories. This way I don't eat so much. 

6. Shut lid and the grill "steams" the egg. Wait about 4 mins. 
7. Fold eggs over and lay in a high fiber tortilla wrap with salsa or avocado. Yum!

This is a high fiber high protein breakfast that will keep you full. You can also wrap in foil and take on the go to class or work or whatever. 
These babies have 13g dietary fiber! No crap!


Hunting season starts I think in a week and I'll probably have to give up the grill, so I'll have to find a new one to buy. Later I'll post other recipes I make in the grill. 


No comments:

Post a Comment