Sunday, August 29, 2010

Eat More Watermelon!

Today we stopped by a farmers market down the street after church and found some great produce. I am soo tired of the sad looking fruits and vegetables I find at the grocery stores.  You know that one Seinfeld episode where Kramer just loves the fruit he gets at Joe's Fruit stand but Jerry says "Fruit is a gamble, I know that going in."? Well I have to side with Kramer on that one. Finding a good source for fruit is priceless, I wish I could return half of the bad fruit I have had to toss because of flavor, texture, or quality. I feel like it is so hit and miss. Right now the great produce in season, peaches, watermelon, tomatoes, and corn are soo tasty, actually I'd rather have a really good peach than a Big Mac right now. Check out how ripe and beautiful the watermelon looks that we picked out today.


Seedless is always better! Less work. 

Eating watermelon is a diuretic (read: it makes you pee), its filling, its sweet, and its low in calories, all helping you to loose weight and not retain water. I have learned that watermelon, or any melons, are more convenient if you actually cut them up instead of just looking at the big melon sitting on the counter. You are more likely to eat fruit when it is cut into tiny bite-sized pieces. I love my watermelon slice then cut into strips or little squares...not sure why... I guess it is just more fun to eat that way. As a matter of fact...ill be right back I am going to go get me a big bowl of watermelon instead of eating a bowl of ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment