Saturday, August 28, 2010

In the beginning...

 I have never created anything like this before, actually I am really just doing a blog to record a "food diary", something I have wanted to do for a long time now.  A food diary is just a running journal of what I have cooked, created, or have eaten for the day.


Currently, my husband, we will call him Bubbs, and I are in the middle of loosing weight, together. Bubbs has lost over 30 pounds (not sure of today's daily weigh in number) and I have lost 37 pounds since the day my son, we will call him Gunnar, was born a few months ago. How did we do it? Well, I, Crusie (pronounced cruu-see, not cruise as in the boat ride, it's just an old highschool nickname) am following the Weight Watchers program, and am working out daily. Mostly, I do the elliptical for at least 20 minutes, it takes a lot of Shakira in order to motivate me to get through the workout. Bubbs is mostly just eating what I cook, and lifts weights, or does cardio daily. Together, in terms of pounds lost, we have lost a small child's worth of weight. I gotta say... it feels really good to remove the weight, I feel like a different person. To be honest, I really don't have time to create or maintain a blog. In fact most of my posts will be submitted while I hold my baby in my lap and type with one hand, while the other is cleaning up baby throw up.


Each day, I will post what I have lovingly cooked at home, hopefully with a picture as a visual and exactly what my little family each thought of my meal. 

3 comments:

  1. so proud of you girl and the recipes look FANTASTIC!!! thanks for sharing, i'm totally stealing your recipes and tips- such a great idea to put that out there so the rest of us can get tasty-healthier too! .ove and misses! Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Blog! I'm impressed. I could definately use some inspiration to eat more healthy right now, I'm so exhausted when I get home from work. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog..... when's dinner again???

    ReplyDelete