Saturday, October 16, 2010

Apple Crisp with Maple Syrup Drizzle

This is soooo yummy. I'm not kidding you will love this. Plus its perfect for fall! I made this after my mom gave me like a hundred apples from her friend's apple tree in her yard, it is a variation of my mother-in-laws apple crisp recipe that she adds everything to including the kitchen sink! These apples are very tart, perfect for baking. I made two of these for a dinner party I went to. One sans the raisins and walnuts, and one chock full of them. Enjoy!
Perfect for the Fall and company.
You'll need:
Filling:
Tons of peeled, cored, sliced tart apples. (Adjust to size of dessert, I used about 4 pounds)
2 tbsp brown sugar
dash cinnamon/ nutmeg/ salt

Topping:
1/2 stick butter
1 cup old- fashioned oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup walnuts or pecans
1tbsp flour
dash of cinnamon/ salt/ and nutmeg
2 tblsp maple syrup

Mix apples, brown sugar, and seasonings for filling. Spread apples in baking dish.
Mix oats, brown sugar, flour and spices. Cut in cold butter with a pastry tool, until small crumbles form. Stir in nuts and raisins. Spread topping over apples. Drizzle syrup over topping.


Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. Check after 50 minutes. You may need to cover dish after 50 minutes if raisins get too dark while cooking.

Serve with vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment