Monday, September 13, 2010

Chicken Salad Lightened Up

Here is one of my faves. I created this after being inspired by the yummiest chicken salad ever that I ate in Canada on a fishing trip. I lightened it up some. I make this about every other week and keep in fridge for lunch for a few days, or when I need a high protein snack. Enjoy!
Served with a high fiber wrap. 


Chicken Salad:
1 lb boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup each of diced onion, cubed apples (ok to leave skin on), grapes cut 2-3 ways each, dried cranberries, walnuts or pecans or both.
1 tblsp light mayo
1 small container 3 oz or so of 0% fat greek yogurt*
1 tsp dried tarragon
dash of salt and pepper

Cook chicken in boiling water until cooked through, once cooled, roughly chop through chicken until large cubes are formed.
Add in all other ingredients, stir together with chicken. Refrigerate about an hour.

Serve on top of lettuce or in a high fiber wrap, or with crackers, or whole grain bread.

* You will not miss chicken salad made with a ton of mayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment